These terms and conditions explain the rights and responsibilities of the client and Ipswich Carpentry Contractors.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will provide all customers with a full written quotation according to the drawings they provide, which will include sufficient detail for the completion of the works. If any clarification is required, please contact us so that we can provide it any extra works can be provided subject to a written confirmation including cost.
- The ‘contract’ that is written by Ipswich Carpentry Contractors is an agreement by the client to have work undertaken based on a written quotation headed ‘Quote/Estimate/Contract’ submitted directly to the client on an official Complete Loft conversions letterhead paper and is a clear and straightforward undertaking between the two parties to form a contract once the contract is signed these terms are applicable.
- Once the client has accepted a quotation either in writing verbally and the client has paid their deposit, then a contract has been entered into and these terms will come into effect. Quotes are valid for three months from the date on the quote.
- Once the client has entered into a contract with Ipswich Carpentry Contractors, by paying their deposit, they have a 7 day cooling off period if they change their mind or wish to cancel the contract . The client can cancel their contract within 7 days by either phone or email to Complete Loft conversions. (01473 email@example.com)
- All prices quoted via the contract are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8am – 4pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed. Please note that we may need access to the site on Saturday if this is the case we will get prior agreement with the client should this happen.
- It is the clients responsibility to arrange building control, planning permission and any utility changes unless the written quote states otherwise ( Uk power Networks,Anglian Water). It is the clients responsibility to make sure that the correct planning permission is in place ,
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors may request to see proof that this has been agreed prior to beginning work.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will set down to carry out the work and the commencement of work is and the price for that work is that the work will be uninterrupted for the duration of the contract.If planning permission needs to be changed or obtained Ipswich Carpentry Contractors
will not be held liable for any costs incurred as a result of delays due to unforeseen circumstances. (eg planning permission delays resulting in work having to stop, or materials not arriving or not being of merchantable quality)
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will agree either in writing or verbally agree arrangements with regards to deliveries working times and methods, this will ensure minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out in a timely manner by the Ipswich Carpentry Contractors.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors require access between the working hours as stated and will notify the client of delivery of building materials, plant, machinery, skips etc.
- All used or removed materials on-site remain the property of Ipswich Carpentry Contractors and will be disposed of accordingly.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors may directly employ or sub contract labour to work on any of its sites. Each sub-contractor has to fill in our sub contractors approval form before being work so we can collect information of their qualifications, competence card and third party liability. Plumbing sub-contracts are GAS registered. Electricians are Part P certified and registered with NICEIC. Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will oversee all works to completion or to the terms of the contract and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will provide a payment plan to the client in the contract prior to commencement of works. This will usually include a 10% deposit, staged payments and an end payment upon completion of works. Deposits are non-refundable Ipswich Carpentry Contractors use these to book work in and agree a formal start date for works and purchase materials. Please note: In the very unlikely event that Complete Loft conversions have to cancel your work, your deposit will be fully refunded.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will send out invoices as the stages of construction are met and signed off by building control, Complete Loft conversions will confirm receipt of the payments in the next stage payments invoice as to avoid confusion on payments they will be numbered. Payments must be made in a timely manner and clear funds should be sent within five days of receipt of invoice otherwise Ipswich Carpentry Contractors
may need to stop work (in the case of non-payment). Payments can be made by cheque to Ipswich Carpentry Contractors or cash but bank transfer is our preferred method. All invoices include our bank details for bank transfers we will never change these details.
- Insurance – Public Liability and Employers’ Liability: Complete Loft conversions has Public Liability Insurance and Employers’ Liability to the sum of £5,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
- All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
- Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 3 months or if otherwise staled in you FMB contact or ICC contract. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturer’s warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not guarantee the integrity of any materials or decorations or existing structures. If in the unlikely future event of a failure beyond the guarantee period Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will me more than happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors may charge for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee but Complete Loft conversions will carry out the work at cost. Any decorating that is signed off on completion is not covered by this guarantee. All plastering work is covered by a 3 month guarantee. Please note we provide a 3 month guarantee for plastering work to allow for settling in time. We therefore strongly recommend delaying any decorating for this period.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors can take no responsibility for the presence of perished or rotten timber (or any other perished or rotten materials) in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will not be held responsible for the suitability of the existing boilers there suitability to add extra circuits for heating. If upon inspection the existing boiler is found to be unsuitable we can provide a quote to upgrade or replace the boiler and all its parts. If
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors have to remove any old or existing radiators for any reason (eg plastering) we cannot be held responsible for their usability once re installed.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors are not responsible for the quality of materials supplied by the client if on a labour only basis, Ipswich Carpentry Contractors may refuse to fit any inferior materials this includes timber, steels, joinery, roof trusses or doors and ancillary items.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors may refuse to return to site to fit any materials items it deems not or merchantable quality or may invalidate the warranty, or was not in the description supplied by the client upon tender.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will not accept any loss from the client supplied materials being of merchantable quality or any loss from leaving site, refusing to fit or alteration of the materials to make them work to the clients sepecfication.
- Ipswich Carpentry Contractors will try to protect existing surfaces with the use of coverings including dust sheets and loose plastic but we cannot take any responsibility for protection from damage of any existing surface or fabrics etc is the responsibility of the client.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors can put in place protection of existing surfaces but this must be arranged prior toward commencing and can be negotiated additional cost. We highly recommend the clients moves any sentimental or expensive or items before work is carried out. If in the course of our work required to move furniture to undertake our work we may charge for the moving of furniture we will not be held responsible for any breakages or stains that may occur.Ipswich Carpentry Contractors require you to remove all valuables and expensive items into a safe and secure for the duration of the works, as we cannot be held liable for any theft or loss.
- Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
- Solicitation of labor: The client should and will not solicit labour while the contact is taking place if
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors is informed of the use of any of its employees , contractors or subcontractors there will be a charge of cost plus twenty precent of the labour and materials.
- Once the site is under the control of
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors no other contractors or subcontractors will be sent to site by the client without prior arrangement or at least forty eight hours for reasons of health and safety, inductions and planned work as under CDM and HSE rules.
- We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions, availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors reserve the right to take pictures of the progress of our projects for building control and for other purposes like the heath and safety file. We reserve the right to use these pictures in our on our website portfolio of work, and on various social media websites for marketing and information purposes.
Ipswich Carpentry Contractors request that images of the build are not posted on social media during the build, as while work is taking place props, temporary structures and unfinished works are not complete so asking random unqualified chat rooms for advice is not helpful if in doubt of any of the works taking place or why they are taking place please ask.
If you do not have drawings, but would like a site visit because of the number of enquiries we now receive we now have a standard charge for a site visit of £50 this is payable with immediate effect after the visit.
If you would like a site visit please email us and arrange a time suitable to you and we will confirm via email if this time is suitable once we have agreed a time ICC will send out a pre forma invoice with you must sign and agree to before the visit.
Once this is signed we will carry out the visit and make some verbal recommendations on the suitability price and timescales of your potential conversion.
If you cannot make the appointment please give a minimum of 48 hours notice to cancel, because if we come to site and there is no one available to access the property the invoice will still be payable.
Once we have carried out the visit the invoice is payable via bank transfer with immediate effect.